We understand that you don't want to spend time re-entering your current sidebar elements simply because a new template doesn't support them. For this reason, we have safe-guarded against losing the following sidebar items from your blog when directly copying and pasting one of our templates into your blogger template box. We have built-in template support for the following items:
* 2 Text Boxes
* 2 Link Lists
* 8 Pictures/Images
* 5 HTML codes
* 1 Video Bar
* 1 Slide Show
* 2 Blog Lists
* 1 Subscribe Link
* 1 Newsreel
If you have more than these items, we have prepared a save your sidebar elements tutorial to show you how to save every single widget! There is no reason to hold off enjoying the template of your choice because you are afraid to lose widgets! With our templates, you will have a natural, scrollable design that will add a fresh look to your blog.
Once you have uploaded the template onto your blog, you can simply delete any additional, unused page elements. This is done by logging into blogger, going to the Layout tab, and clicking the Page Elements link. Edit each element as desired.
So, without further adieu, here is the 1,2,3 for uploading and enjoying this template:
1-One: Backing up your current template. (This is a quick step and makes your current template easily accessible for future use, if desired.)
1. Log into Blogger.
2. From the Dashboard, go to your Layout tab.
3. Click on the Edit HTML link.
4. Click on the Download Full Template link. This will bring you to the option of where you'd like to save your template on your computer.
5. After you've saved your template, keep the Template window/tab open.
*NOTE: Another way you can back-up your template, is to simply choose Edit from the internet menu bar and then select all, copy, and paste into a notepad or word document. (To save in a notepad go to your Start menu, open notepad, paste your current template in a new text document, and save it as a .txt file.)
2-Two: Copying this template.
1. Open this link: Chocolate Raspberries
2. Copy all of the text except for the blue writing at the very bottom. In other words, copy everything up to and including the following tag at the bottom: < /html >
3-Three: Loading this template onto your blog.
1. Return to your blogger template box. (If you closed it you can get back by logging into Blogger, going to Layout, and choosing Edit HTML).
2. Click your cursor in the the Edit Template box. Go to Edit and choose Select All from your internet menu bar to highlight all of the text.
3. Hit Delete to delete all text in the template box.
4. Go to Edit and choose paste from your internet menu bar. This will paste the new template code into your template box.
5. Hit the Preview button to check out your new look.
6. Click the Save button--you're done! ENJOY!!! :)
*Note: If you have the same amount or less than the safeguarded widgets (page elements), everything will effortlessly transfer over. If you have more than the allotted widgets, you may see this warning: The following Widgets are about to be deleted: Image 1, etc. If you don't mind re-entering the missing sidebar items you can click the save button. If you'd rather not lose anything then don't click save. Remember, we have prepared a save your sidebar elements tutorial
that teaches you to save EVERY SINGLE WIDGET you have!!
Thank you for choosing a Smitten Blog Design! Now that you know how easy it is to load our templates, you can change your look whenever you'd like!